It is possible for site administrators to add notifications to the home page for users to see. These messages are either highlighted in red or green to make them stand out and be easily visible.
To add a message, click on the Administration tab and look under the Site Administration heading for the option Manage Login Messages.
The window will show a list of all currently programmed messages. An option at the top of the screen allows you to add a new login message.
Adding a new login message
The options available for each message are as follows:
- Audience: When adding a new login message, you need to choose your audience - Staff, Pupils or Families. Please note that login messages for pupils and families are not yet implemented.
- Message Heading: Type in the message heading to be displayed.
- Message Text: A rich-text field is shown where you can type in your message.
- Message Expiry Date: The message will not be shown after this date and time for any users.
- Maximum Views Per Person: If you wish your message to be shown a maximum number of times to each person, you can set that here. If you simply want it displayed until the expiry date is reached, leave this as 0.
- Message Status: If you choose normal, the message will be displayed on a light green background. If you choose “important”, the message will be displayed on a light red background.
The message will only be shown if:
- It is still before the expiry date and time; and
- If the Maximum Views Per Person is non-zero, if the person viewing the message has not yet seen it that many times.
A “view” is generated each time they open the page with the message and does not necessarily relate to the number of times the user has logged in.